Welcome to Martlesham Parish Council
Martlesham Common Nature Reserve Open Day
We held an open day on the Common Nature Reserve on 21st August with the help of the Greenways Group. Further information and pictures are here.
The Council co-opted Mr Erik Crichton to the Council on 13th July. We welcome him and look forward to his participation in the work of the Council. We now have our full complement of 15 Councillors
What have we been doing lately
- Identified new access points on to Martlesham Common Nature Reserve from Mill Heath with Bloor Homes to avoid further fragmentation of the heathland. The Greenways Countryside Project to establish these access points and new desire lines in the coming months.
- Responded to consultation on rights of way in the parish for Suffolk County Council who is currently preparing a second Rights of Way Improvement Plan.
- Working on improvements to the Diamond Jubilee Bike Trails. More information coming soon…..
- Continuing to protect the interests of resident when responding to planning applications before they are finally decided upon by the District Council.
Litter Picking - Clean for the Queen
The council held its annual litter pick as part of the national Clean for the Queen event on 21st May 2016. More information and picures here.
Annual Parish Meeting
Here is a photo of those receiving grants from the parish council at the annual parish meeting
Further information is here.
Diamond Jubilee Bike Trails
These dirt jumps are accessed off a track from Main Road, near Laburnum Gardens, on foot or by bike. There is no access for motorised vehicles. We are pleased that since their construction in 2012 they have been well used and on the whole looked after responsibly by young people. Local volunteers inspect them weekly.
A message to all bike trail users:
• Please refrain from altering the jumps and respect the rights of others to enjoy them.
• Please help to keep the bike trails in good condition and litter free.
If you have any comments on the management of the bike trails or want to be involved in looking after them, please contact the Clerk.
Reminder re Planning Permissions for Martlesham Heath
Properties on Martlesham Heath are covered by a covenant which means that any proposed alterations, even small extensions, need not only planning permission from the planning authority, Suffolk Coastal District Council (SCDC), but also from Grainger plc who enforce the covenant. If you are unsure it is wise to check with SCDC on 01394 444403 or e-mail email@example.com, or Brett Girling of Grainger plc on 020 7940 9547 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing the Common
As part of the management plan for The Common work is proceeding on hedging and tree management as shown in these photos