Welcome to Martlesham Parish Council
Please be aware that on 30th January our website is being moved by Community Action Suffolk to a new upgraded system and it will have a new design. We hope there will be a trouble-free transition but please bear with us if there are any teething issues leading up to and following the changeover. Updates will be limited from 15th January until the changeover is completed.
Vacancy for a Councillor
Following the resignation of Mr A Gartan we now have a vacancy. More information here. We thank Mr Gartan for his work and contribution to the Parish resulting from his work on the Council.
Dog Waste Campaign
We are conducting a campaign to remind those who forget to clear up after their dog, to do so. More here.
- Adastral Park plans to be considered by Suffolk Coastal on 15th January more here.
- Planning application for land to the East and South of The Square, Martlesham Heath, for 10 dwellings withdrawn at the end of November 2017. Parish Council in support of having trees on the landscaped area protected by Tree Preservation Orders.
- Home Bargains and Hughes Electrical open from 13 January.
- Wickes store open before Christmas. No decision taken yet by SCDC on a Costa drive-thru on land adjacent to Wickes.
- Proposals for an ALDI at the BT roundabout still not decided by SCDC.
What have we been doing recently?
- Setting up a working group for Martlesham Village fete who you can contact at email@example.com
- Obtaining Local Nature Reserve status for the Common.
- Setting our budget and precept for 2018/19 – more news here.
- Responding to the latest planning consultation for Adastral Park.
- Responding to questions from the Independent Inspector regarding the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Walking tour of the retail/business area with representatives from the principal authorities, i.e. SCDC & Suffolk County Council, and CEG to demonstrate existing problems for pedestrians & cyclists, and to consider the connectivity between the proposed Adastral Park development and this area of Martlesham.
- Volunteers walked all our public rights of way to identify where work might be needed. Many thanks to them – a report and actions needed were agreed by the Recreation and Amenities committee in January
- Unfortunately we had to deal with a spate of anti-social behaviour, in particular a fire on the Common and in a bus shelter on Main Road, as well as some minor vandalism. If you witness anything that might help catch culprits, please report it to the Police by phoning 101.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25.05.18. All councils will have to comply with the new government regulation & the Council is beginning to consider what it needs to do now. This affects our budget because of the demands it makes on staff time & the possible need for the appointment of an independent Data Protection Officer, according to current guidance.
Neighbourhood Plan Independent Examination
The examination started on 19th October. More here.
Martlesham Parish Council is keen to see a revival of a Village Fete. More information here.