This website is run by Martlesham Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- We cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- We cannot modify some skipped headings
- We can’t guarantee the full accessibility of our PDF documents or Word documents to screen reader software
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 01473 612632
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us on 01473 612632 or email us: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Martlesham Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 as revised.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Non Compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some of our PDF’s and Word documents may not be accessible.
- Some of the links to PDF documents may not be fully described.
- There may be some redundant links, underlines and skipped headings on our website.
How we tested this website
The test was last carried out on 14th December 2021. The test was performed using the Wave Accessibility software. The test was performed by Aubergine.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are constantly looking at our website accessibility alongside our website developers and where we can improve it, we shall. We follow a specific set of guidelines to ensure all our content meets the WCAG 2.1 Standard.