Harry Higgins Play Park at Martlesham Heath Pavilion
The 2021 refurbishment was funded by Martlesham Parish Council, the Pavilion Management Charity, East Suffolk District Councillor Ed Thompson, former Suffolk County Councillor Patricia O'Brien as well as donations made by Tesco at Martlesham and individuals via Just Giving. Thank you to all of you!
The new equipment includes:
- A double bay swing unit with 4 swing seats including a double seat and a support seat for young children
- Two play tower units, to suit different age groups; including slides, scramble nets, fireman's poles, ladders/ramp and bridges between the towers
- The different bridges provide opportunities for children to go through, walk over or hang underneath
- Additional activity items provide opportunities for balancing and spinning.
The Pavilion Management Committee decided to keep the car so as to retain a historic link with the early days of the village. However, in order to pass safety inspections, it must stay in situ, meaning everything else had to be fitted around it. The car has been repainted by SCL Landscape Management Ltd.
Advice for users
The Harry Higgins Play Area is located behind the Pavilion at Martlesham Heath. The site is managed by the Pavilion Management Committee. The Parish Council play area inspectors assist with inspections and safety measures. If you see any defects or hazards do please report them to the Clerk please. If you would like to help with our regular inspections, we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Maintain social distancing within the playground, according to the government’s latest advice.
- If the playground is too busy then please go to another playground to play.
- Wash your hands before going to the playground and after you have finished. Use hand sanitiser often.
We do require all users and spectators to maintain social distancing and adhere to any national restrictions and any other local restrictions on site. People must not interfere with closure measures where a playground is closed. If it is closed then this will be for a good reason.Do not endanger yourself by breaching closure measures.