HIGHWAYS ENGLAND Notification of roadworks on the A14
A14 Works – Junction 53 to Junction 55 & Orwell Bridge
Highways England is undertaking necessary improvement works on the A14 between junction 53 and Orwell Bridge to improve the surfacing of the carriageway.
These road improvements are necessary to maintain the strategic road network along the A14. This will add benefits such as a better road surface, safety improvements and an improved journey for our customers.
The work is planned to start on Monday 30 September 2019 and is programmed to take approximately 5 weeks between the hours of 8pm and 6am on weeknights only.
In order to minimise the impact on local communities and road users, we will only divert traffic onto local roads when absolutely necessary. We have worked with Suffolk County Council to agree the most appropriate diversion route which is highlighted on the enclosed map. Access for emergency vehicles will be allowed at all times.
The following road closures will be in place.
• Closure of the A14 junction 55 carriageway Monday 30 September between 8pm and 6am
• Closure of the A14 junction 55 eastbound entry and exit slips Tuesday 1 October – Thursday 3 October between 8pm and 6am
• Closure of the A14 junction 55 westbound entry and exit slips Friday 4 October – Tuesday 8 October between 8pm and 6am
• Closure of the A14 Orwell Bridge Monday 14 October – Monday 21 October between 8pm and 6am on weeknights only
- Closure of the A14 junction 53 northbound entry and exit slips Wednesday 16 October - Monday 21 October between 8pm and 6am on weeknights only
• Closure of the A14 junction 54 southbound slips Thursday 24 October between 8pm and 6am
• Closure of the A14 junction 54 northbound slips Friday 25 October and Monday 28 October between 8pm and 6am
Who to contact
If you have any queries about the works, please go to firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 0300 123 5000