Welcome to Martlesham Parish Council
Vehcles are being driven over the Recreation Ground and causing damge to the grassed surface. Any information about veicles causing damage such as registration numbers would help the Police in helping us deal with this problem. Information can be passed viw the 101 telephone number or any crimal damage in the course of being conducted can be reported on 999.
We are currently experiencing a number of acts of vandalism to play equipment. If you witness any acts of vandalism please notify the Police so that they can deal with the perpetrators appropriately. If you see any equipment which has been damaged please report it to the Clerk so that we can deal with it. We do inspect play areas regularly but are not able to do so every day so any help is most welcome.
2015/2016 Budget/Precept (Parish Council element of Council Tax)
The Parish Council will be agreeing its budget & precept for 2015/16 at its meeting on 7 January 2015. Parishioners are welcome to attend.
What have we been doing recently?
- Budgeting for 2015/16 financial year
- Working with Martlesham Community Council to provide new fencing & a gate at the Recreation Ground
- Installing bunds to help prevent parking on the grassed areas at the Recreation Ground
- Working party to clear a path, which is part of the Martlesham circular walk, near the Community Hall
- Considering applications for a Tesco hand car wash and a TK Maxx & Home Sense Store on the Retail Park
Gloster Road bus shelter
We have unfortunately been waiting now for a year for Suffolk County Council (SCC) to install this new bus shelter, despite having all the funding available and repeated requests. We understand that we are not alone in this and SCC has a lot of outstanding work regarding bus stops & shelters in the region – cold comfort. It seems that we cannot expect to get our shelter before the Spring.
Parish Councillor Needed
Essential requirement: an interest in looking after our parish for the benefit of the community. Training & support provided. Sorry, no pay but out of pocket expenses are reimbursed.
If you would like to know more, the best way is to come along to a full Council or committee meeting, as listed below. The Clerk is also happy to provide information or put you in touch with a councillor to get first-hand knowledge!
Your parish councillors represent many walks of life and their work experience and local knowledge is invaluable in advising others and ensuring that the interests of the Parish are taken into account. We need input from both young and old, irrespective of gender, employment status or race. The Council's current activities include:
• maintenance of footpaths and the Common
• provision and maintenance of bus shelters, litter and dog-dirt bins and seats
• maintaining four play areas and bike trails
• grass cutting and maintenance of the Green and Recreation Ground
• major challenges at this time include Neighbourhood Planning, the BT & Bloor Homes developments, proposals for housing development in the north of the parish.
On the 25th Ocotber we arranged a working day at the Recreation Ground and Kronji's Piece. There were a number of vounteers and significaant work was conducted to help improve the site